Your membership automatically connects you to our primary system, eAlpaca which provides an alpaca registry, alpacas for sale, show results and more. With almost 200,000 animals registered in the system, we have pedigrees dating back over 20 years and 10+ generations tracing ancestors all the way back to Peru, Chile and Bolivia.
As a member of the AAA you’ll have access to:
- specific member-only resources
- a broad support network of more than 1,000 members, who share your passion for alpacas
- experts who understand the industry and are dedicated to exploring opportunities and helping you succeed
- the tools and resources you need to develop your herd to its greatest potential and enjoy the many benefits of these unique animals.
You’ll also have access to the best information, support and services for managing and breeding alpacas in Australia, including access to the International Alpaca Registry (IAR) and alpaca show system, which are both operated via the eAlpaca system.
Share the passion
You’ll become part of a growing industry from all over Australia and play a part in supporting the development of the industry through shows, research, herd health, genetic advancement and supply chain and marketing initiatives.
We understand there’s many different stages of alpaca farming, so we encourage you to choose the membership that will be right for you.
Retain a herd code and prefix, Register and transfer alpacas, Participate in AAA events and exhibit at AAA shows, 1 vote in elections, Receive and access members’ only electronic information.
As per full membership but up to 4 people can participate in AAA events and shows, 2 votes in elections.
Apply for a herd code and prefix, Transfer animals, Participate in AAA events and exhibit at AAA shows, Receive and access members’ only electronic information. Cannot register cria, or certify sires.
(For educational institutions or 1 person under 18) As per full membership except no voting rights.
- Schools with an agriculture program
- Family memberships are available for youth members of the same family. $50 for the first child, $25 for the second child, and no cost for third and subsequent children – please contact the AAA office for more information.
Receive and access members’ only electronic information.