Regional Certificates of Appreciation
A Certificate of Appreciation is awarded to a financial member of the AAA who has made a significant contribution to the AAA at a Regional or National level.
The Board may award to a company or individual who has made a significant contribution to the alpaca industry.
The Certificate is to be presented by a Member of the AAA Board or a Regional President at any AAA function which is deemed appropriate.
Any Regional Committee can nominate one member from their Region each year for consideration by the Board. The nomination must be in writing and received at the AAA Office by 30 June each year.
The AAA Board may award Certificates annually to any member outside of the Regional nominations.
- Length of service to be 10 years +.
- Held an office or leadership position over a number of years at a National and /or Regional level.
- Significant contribution to a successful AAA project.
- Active involvement in shows, regional activities / workshops.
- Volunteered their services to assist the industry via working parties / panels / committees.
- Written documents to support the industry’s progress.
- Is committed to the long term viability and sustainability of the industry.
- Consistent supporter of AAA events /activities.
A Certificate of Appreciation may also be awarded to non-members eg. A Company or individual who has contributed to the growth/success etc. of the alpaca industry. In this instance, the length of service criteria need not apply.
Shane Read Medal
Outstanding national contribution to the Australian alpaca industry by a volunteer is recognised through an annual volunteering medal called the Shane Read Medal. The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and honor an exceptional volunteer for their achievement, contribution, service and leadership.
The medal is presented at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by the President of the Association or at a AAA occasion as deemed appropriate by the AAA Board.
Nominations must be in writing using the nomination form attached, signed by two financial members of the Association. The AAA Board will consider all nominations; and be responsible for the awarding of the medal. (Please refer to the application form attached) Nominations are be held in confidence by all parties for the duration of the process. Nominations must be received by the AAA Chief Executive Officer by 30 June.
Criteria which may, but is not limited, be considered when nominating a member for the Shane Read medal are:
- Length of service in a volunteering capacity
- Sustained contribution to the industry in terms of time, effort and commitment
- Active participation and involvement in multiple facets of the industry
- Positive promotion of the industry
- Have enthusiastically been an advocate and ambassador for the AAA
- Display of values including teamwork, honesty and integrity
Only members who have been active volunteers within the last 3-5 years are eligible to be nominated. Current members of Committees and Working Groups, as well as general members are all eligible to be nominated.
It is at the discretion of the Board whether the medal is awarded every year