Expressions of Interest AAA Showing and Judging Committee
Due to the resignation of the Showing and Judging Committee (SJC) effective 18 November, the AAA Board is calling for Expressions of Interest from interested AAA members to re-establish a committee.
Under the Charter and Terms of Reference from the AAA Board which links into the strategic plan, the SJC role is to review and support the AAA showing and judging system with a primary focus on:
- Providing continual support for convenors, exhibitors, stewards and judges
- Oversight of showing rules (protect integrity, review, recommend)
- Judges – selection, training, allocation to shows;
- Junior Judging;
- Assisting in showing and/or judging complaints and disputes.
- Identification of opportunities to enhance and promote breeding excellence through showing
The SJC membership represents key stakeholder groups including judges, convenors, halter and fleece exhibitors. Whilst we prefer a committee made up of all the above this is not essential. We encourage any member to apply where they have a desire to actively contribute to this important area of the AAA.
The Board is seeking to appoint up to seven (7) members to this committee. The Board is keen to have this committee established as soon as possible to complete preparation for the 2020 show season.
The AAA Board is seeking expressions of interest to fill the following vacancies:
- Up to two Judges – experienced judges with a desire to influence change and ability to provide input into critical decision making on showing and judging issues.
- Up to two convenors – ono who has convened show(s) with over 250 animals and over 100 fleeces.
- Up to two exhibitors or show officials – preferably one of which should have at least three years as an exhibitor at major shows, and
- Two other members
Selection criteria will include:
- Team player
- Volunteering ethos and in a position to commit time and effort
- Sound ethics with the ability to be objective and make decisions in the best interest of the industry
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- Participation outside of regional boundaries
- Showing experience in at least two areas (exhibitor, convenor, steward, show official)Understanding of alpaca industry
- Confidence to express and back their opinions and opinions of others
- Respect the confidential nature of the role
- Access to email and available for teleconference meetings every 6-8 weeks
- Sense of humour!
Expressions of Interest for any of the positions on the Showing and Judging Committee, including a short outline of relevant experience should be directed to Amanda Olthof by close of business Monday 14 Oct 2019.