The AAA Board is calling for Expressions of Interest from interested AAA members for the newly created Market Access and Trade Committee.
Under the Charter and Terms of Reference from the AAA Board which links into the strategic plan, the Market Access and Trade objective is to develop customer driven markets to promote and grow the Australian alpaca industry, both domestic and international, with a primary focus on:
- Australian genetics and live animal sales
- Alpaca end products
Whilst we prefer a committee made up of all the above industry segments this is not essential. We encourage any member to apply where they possess some of the preferred selection criteria and have a desire to actively contribute to this important area of the AAA.
The Board is seeking to appoint up to 6 members to this committee:
- Up to 2 members with live animal export experience
- 1 member with fibre export experience
- 1 member with marketing and or trade experience
- 1 member with high level analytical, research, report writing skills and government liaison experience
- 1 other member with relevant expertise and experience
The Director responsible for this portfolio is Prue Walduck. Volunteer Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will provide speciality advice to the MATC as required to assist the committee to open export channels from Australia into Europe and other emerging markets. For example – camelid veterinarian, licenced exporter or government experience.
The Selection criteria will include:
- Team player
- Volunteering ethos and in a position to commit considerable time and effort
- Sound ethics with the ability to be objective and make decisions in the best interest of the industry – sometimes against one’s own personal interests
- Ability to work in a positive and respectful manner with all AAA members and others
- Respect the confidential nature of the role and sensitivities in dealing with government
- Approachable with excellent communication skills
- A sound understanding of the alpaca industry – ideally with some export/trade experience with fibre, live animals and/or end product.
- Computer literate with access to email and available for teleconference meetings on a regular basis
- A sense of humour.
Specialist skills and experience:
In addition to the core attributes we are hopeful of selecting some applicants with the desired specialist skills mentioned above eg marketing/trade, fibre market development, animal export, high level research/analytical/report writing skills and Government advocacy.
Expressions of Interest for positions on the Market Access and Trade Committee, including a detailed outline of relevant experience should be directed to Amanda Olthof by close of business Wednesday 18 December 2019.
If you are passionate about promoting our alpaca industry and developing customer driven markets for the benefit of all AAA members make sure you apply.